Gears of War: Judgment is set to be released on March 19, but as is expected of a blockbuster AAA game, hackers have gotten their hands on the game and have leaked it onto torrent sites this week.
At this point, it’s unsure what version of the game has been made available on torrent sites, although reports are saying the version that’s available is “apparently complete.”
Microsoft is aware of the situation and has released the following statement in regards to the leaked Gears of War: Judgmenet:
“We are aware of isolated cases in which ‘Gears of War: Judgment’ content has been propped on the Web and are working closely with our security teams and law enforcement to address the situation immediately.”
Not only has Microsoft vowed to possibly take down the torrent version of Gears of War: Judgment, but they also plan on severely punishing those who are caught playing such a version.
If you learn anything from this story, it’s that you really should be patient when it comes to video games. A lifetime ban isn’t worth playing a game a few weeks early illegally. Now if you acquire a copy of Gears of War: Judgment because you’re a handsome writer living in New Jersey who has been really nice to Microsoft lately, then that’s a different story.RELATED
- Microsoft CEO Candidate Stephen Elop Reportedly Considering Selling Xbox, Killing Bing
- North Korea May Launch A Cyber Attack Using Online Games
- YouTube Easter Egg Allows You To Play Missile Command
- Facebook: The Board Game Concept Wants To Get You Off The Internet
- Video Games Live Streaming On Twitch From San Diego Comic-Con On July 20
- Follow: gears of war, gears of war judgment, Microsoft, xbox, xbox 360,