A few days ago, we took a look at a possible leak of the Google Now widget. Well, it seemed that the leak was legit, as Google has just announced the spanking new Google Now widget that helps to make life a whole lot easier for you. Heck, you can more or less say that your smartphone is going to become smarter than it already is. How does that happen?
For starters, imagine you are one of those high powered executives who jet set around the country and globe, with airport hotels being your second home. Well, Google Now will be able to update you with your flight times, pulling up your boarding pass when you arrive at the airport, and perhaps even letting you know whether it is going to be sunny at your destination.
Google Now has gotten more useful than ever before through the integration of new partners, making it far easier to access your information. If you love movies, then the new movie cards will include the latest ratings from Rotten Tomatoes, allowing you to make a more discerning choice, and after you have purchased your tickets through Fandango, Google Now will function as a nanny to remind you on the exact time when you need to leave for the theater, pulling up your tickets upon your arrival. It would be interesting to see just how Google continues to update the direction of Google Now in the fifth version and beyond. [Press Release]
Next Story: Microsoft CFO Hints At Smaller Tablet design
- 2014-04-23 Google Street View Lets You Perform ‘Time Travel’
- 2014-04-22 Motorola And Lenovo's First Smartphone Reportedly Coming This Fall
- 2014-04-22 Nest Thermostat Is Now Available From The Play Store
- 2014-04-21 Nest Thermostat Briefly Spotted On Google Play
- 2014-04-21 Flippypad Concept Shows How Project Ara As A Handheld Gaming Console
- 2014-03-30 Google Now Could Help Remind You To Pay Your Bills Soon
- 2014-02-27 Get Google Now Launcher On Any Android Device
- 2014-02-11 Google Now Understands Your Relationship Connection
- 2014-02-03 Receive Notifications From Google Now In Chrome
- 2013-11-05 Google Now For iOS Update Brings Feature Parity With Its Android Counterpart