While my wife and I were busy watching Once Upon a Time and The Walking Dead last night, it seems everyone else was watching The Grammys. Because of that, it seems we missed out on a commercial for the Nexus 4 that was everyone crowing about it this morning.
Google’s Nexus 4 commercial focused entirely on Google Now, which was introduced as a direct rival to Apple’s Siri. It also marked the first time an Android 4.2 Jelly Bean-powered device was featured in a commercial, giving those who don’t have the latest Android OS and don’t follow tech blogs a glimpse into what’s possible nowadays.
Instead of focusing on the Nexus 4′s hardware, which we’ve known about for some time now, the commercial highlighted a number of things Google Now users could do. Checking the weather, planning a trip, locating a restaurant, video chat through Hangout and performing real-world translations were all highlighted.
It’s interesting Google decided to highlight Google Now instead of the impressive hardware specs of the Nexus 4, although it makes sense to do so as the typical smartphone user doesn’t care much about what’s under the hood. All they care about is how their device can make their lives easier, and Google Now will certainly do that.RELATED
- HBO GO Now Supports Google Chromecast Across iOS, Android, Web
- Porsche Design Re-Imagines The BlackBerry Z10 Costing $2,400
- Digg iOS App Updated With Digg Video Support
- Nexus 5 Compared To Previously Released Nexus Phones [Video]
- Spoiler Shield Censors Your Facebook, Twitter Feeds So You Don't Read Spoilers
- Follow: Google, google now, Nexus 4, siri,
- Seen at: mobileburn