How many of you still remember the existence of the HTC EVO Design 4G? Yeah, that is what I thought, that was not a particularly memorable handset, and it did not come with its fair share of fanfare, which is pretty “normal” considering it is a HTC device, and we all know that HTC has not been the most innovative Android-powered smartphone company in the past year or so. Well, the HTC EVO Design 4G is a device that straddles the space between the EVO 3D and EVO 4G LTE, so it is nice to see that HTC has not forgotten about it, introducing a new OTA (Over The Air) update for its software version to be bumped up to 4.02.651.2.
Officially speaking, this new software version update will see hotspot improvements when it is on the GSM network, improved messaging application ‘loading’ time, as well as the Sprint Connections Optimizer. Sprint claims you are already able to perform manual checks for the update, or wait until you are notified on or after 2/26.
- 2014-04-22: HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21: HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-21: Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2014-04-21: HTC Could Deliver Nexus 8 (Rumor)
- 2014-04-20: HTC Hires Former Samsung Marketing Guru
- 2013-12-30: Android 4.3 For HTC EVO 4G LTE To Arrive Mid-February
- 2013-10-23: HTC One Max Passes Through FCC With Sprint LTE Bands
- 2013-10-15: Sprint Offers HTC One Max With Unlimited Data Experience
- 2013-09-10: HTC One Max Will Be Headed For Sprint [Rumor]
- 2013-07-09: HTC 8XT Available On Sprint For $100 Starting July 19