Are you still in two minds as to whether you are to call the upcoming flagship device from HTC as the HTC One or the HTC M7? Well, let some advertising make the decision on your behalf, as the recent Champions League soccer match between Celtic of Scotland and Juventus of Italy had electronic signboards that cycled through ads, flashing “HTC One” at a particular time.
Of course, this is in direct contrast to what we have heard from HTC most of the time, where they kept on referring to the HTC M7 (with CEO Peter Chou himself doing the same). Of course, there is always the possibility of the HTC One electronic sign being a kind of general promotion for the entire One series, but since the name HTC One has been rumored for some time already as the Taiwanese company’s new flagship device, it could also mean the HTC M7 will ditch the code name when it hits the market, and being marketed as the HTC One would make it easier to remember (and hopefully, sell).
Next Story: Kickstarter iPhone App Launched
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked
- 2014-03-26: HTC One (M8): Asia Vs US, Fight!
- 2013-02-15: New HTC One Teaser Seems To Be Camera Related
- 2013-02-14: HTC One Launch Date: March 22nd [Rumor]
- 2013-02-11: HTC One Render Leaked To Give Us a Glimpse At Sense 5
- 2013-02-08: HTC M7 Could Be Named HTC One When Released