Nikon is rumored to be in the process of putting in place a major rebate plan for its line of lenses. The rebate plan is supposed to be introduced at midnight on Saturday and is set to include some top selling lenses. Another major part of the rebate plan is that buyers will not have to buy a body in order to become eligible for the plan.
The major reason why this would happen (if it does happen) is Nikon’s financial report for its third quarter. The company has had a bad quarter and its stocks fell 19% after its third quarter financial summary was released. Nikon already has a rebate plan on its website, and might try to slash prices further to move its current inventory. No official word has been given by Nikon about these rumors
Nikon and its rival Cannon Inc. are the dominant players in the digital camera market. However both companies are facing strong competition in the market of lower end cameras as consumers are now using smartphones for taking pictures. If you were waiting to buy your favorite Nikon lenses, but were on a budget, you just might get a really good deal by Sunday.
- 2014-04-17 Nikon 1 V3 Is Now Shipping
- 2014-04-10 Nikon 1 J4 Is Official
- 2014-04-10 Nikon Coolpix S810c Announced, Runs On Android
- 2014-04-09 Alleged Nikon 1 J4 Photo And Specs Leaked
- 2014-03-28 Nikon Issues Replacement Or Equivalent Model For D600 DSLR
- 2013-02-17 Nikon Lenses Major Rebate Plan Announced
- 2012-10-24 Nikon 1 to receive more lenses
- 2011-07-12 Nikon launches new AF-S DX Micro-NIKKOR 40mm f/2.8G Lens
- 2011-07-07 iPhone SLR Mount turns your iPhone into "an SLR"
- 2010-12-26 Nikon patents lens that can zoom manually or electronically