Earlier this year, Instagram announced its reached 90 million active users to remind us the service is still extremely popular, even after its Terms of Service snafu. Today, Instagram is announcing that 90 million active users has hit the 100 million mark.
“Now, more than ever, people are capturing the world in real-time using Instagram — sharing images from the farthest corners of the globe,” Instagram co-founder Kevin Systrom shared in a blog post. ”What we see as a result is a world more connected and understood through photographs.”
The addition of 10 million monthly users isn’t the only news Instagram is announcing today as the Facebook-owned service is also sharing users upload 40 million photos a day, with 8,500 likes and 1,000 comments flooding the service per second.
It looks as though Instagram’s Terms of Service hoopla may finally be far enough behind them where they could focus on continuing to expand the service, which recently saw the launch of its feed feature for its web portal. The more the service expands past being a simple photo-sharing application, the more users will flock to it to see what else Instagram can do.
- 2014-04-14: Instagram Down, And Up Again
- 2014-04-02: Instagram Works On Bug That Hides Recent Photos
- 2014-03-25: Instagram Hits 200 Million Active Users
- 2014-03-25: Instagram Tests Facebook Places Integration
- 2014-03-20: WhatsApp And Instagram On The Nokia X
- 2013-12-17: Instagram Verified Accounts Not Coming Anytime Soon
- 2013-12-12: Instagram Direct Messaging Service Announced
- 2013-11-19: Social Media Experiment Proves How Easy It Is To Find Out Things About A Total Stranger
- 2013-09-25: Jimmy Fallon, Justin Timberlake Show Us How Silly #Hashtags Really Are