We’ve been hearing a number of iPad 5 rumors over the past few months, one of which suggests the iPad 5 may resemble the iPad Mini with a release expected in October. MacRumors took it upon themselves to commission an artist to render what we expect the iPad 5 to look like, based on these rumors.
As you can see in the artist’s rendering above, the iPad 5 is once again expected to resemble the iPad Mini more than previous iPad models. You can tell due to its slimmed bezel as well as its overall smaller design as the iPad 5 could be 4mm shorter and 17mm more narrow than the current iPad design. The iPad 5 is also expected to be 2mm thinner than the current model, making it exactly as thick as the iPad Mini.
If the rumors turn out to be true, we can expect quite the radical change in design over the original iPad, although it looks as though its 9.7-inch screen will stay completely intact. This will certainly keep iPad purists happy as we’re sure one of the main reasons why they haven’t jumped onto the iPad Mini bandwagon is the fact they prefer their 9.7-inch screen over the iPad Mini’s 7.9-inch screen.
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-03-31: iPad Air & iPad mini With LTE Hits China At Last
- 2014-03-23: Microsoft Convinces 12 Year Old Girl To Get The Surface 2 Over The iPad Mini
- 2014-03-18: Apple Reportedly Picks Samsung To Manufacture iPad Mini Display Panels
- 2014-02-16: iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued
- 2013-10-14: Retina iPad Mini Won't Be Announced On October 22nd [Analyst]
- 2013-10-06: Retina iPad Mini And Apple iTV Might Come Next Year [Analyst]
- 2013-08-12: iPad 5 Features Same Thin Touch-Screen Technology As iPad Mini [Rumor]
- 2013-01-25: iPad 5 Expected To Resemble An iPad Mini And Release In October [Rumor]