For several years, Apple’s devices have been ranked high in numerous customer satisfaction polls, but it looks as though their customer satisfaction dominance has slipped a bit with the iPhone 5.
According to a study carried out by mobile research firm OnDevice Research, 320,000 mobile and tablet users across six different countries were polled how satisfied they were with their devices. In the U.S., Apple’s iPhone 5 ranked fifth place (8.23) in customer satisfaction behind four Android devices: the Motorola Atrix HD (8.57), Motorola Droid Razr M (8.5), HTC Rezound 4G (8.32) and Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (8.26).
What makes the results of this poll especially surprising is the fact the Motorola Atrix HD is considered a budget Android device as it’s currently available for free through carriers, as long as you sign a three-year contract when purchasing the device.
Considering how popular the Samsung Galaxy S3 has been since it’s release, it’s interesting to see not so many customers are satisfied with the device as it didn’t make the top 5 in OnDevice’s poll. Hopefully their Galaxy S4 will get customers to appreciate Samsung’s work.
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-01-21: Samsung Galaxy S3 And Note 2 Rumored To Receive Android 4.4.2 By End Of March
- 2013-12-22: Verizon Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.3 Update Brings Galaxy Gear Support
- 2013-12-17: AT&T Galaxy Note 2 Update Brings Galaxy Gear Support And More
- 2013-10-01: Gold iPhone 5 Stickers Apparently A Hot Ticket Item In China
- 2013-09-29: iPhone 5s Paint Peeling Off Issue Reported
- 2013-09-26: iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16: iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2012-09-20: Ubergizmo Smartphone Guide - Sept 2012