Some of you guys might have heard that Apple could be set to launch an iPhone 5S and an iPhone (with the latter supposedly featuring a 5” display). Apart from the iPhone 5S, the iPhone 6 does not really make sense as this does not fall with Apple’s tradition of releasing one smartphone a year, but then again with Apple currently under the leadership of Tim Cook, perhaps things are starting to change and with the competition getting fiercer, we wouldn’t be surprised if Cook decided that breaking tradition might not be such a bad idea after all.
With that being said, assuming these rumors are true, when exactly will these alleged iDevices launch? According to a translated report from the Chinese media (via Brightwire), word on the street has it that the iPhone 5S and iPhone 6 are set to launch later this year. Like we said earlier, the launch of the iPhone 5S would not be surprising, but two smartphones in a year would. The report goes on to claim that the iPhone 5S resembles the iPhone 5, although we expect that the changes would probably be under the hood, while the iPhone 6 is both lighter and thinner, rather interesting considering it has a larger display (or so they say). We will take this with a grain of salt for now and suggest you do the same, but what do you guys think of a 5” iPhone?
- 2014-01-23: iPhone 6 To Have Larger Display, iPhone 5c Plastic Body Will Be Axed [WSJ]
- 2013-10-07: iPhone 6 Display Size Will Be 4.8 Inches [Analyst]
- 2013-10-01: Gold iPhone 5 Stickers Apparently A Hot Ticket Item In China
- 2013-09-29: iPhone 5s Paint Peeling Off Issue Reported
- 2013-09-26: iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16: iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2013-01-03: Apple Eyeing New Display Technology From Innolux [Rumor]