LG has just announced that they will be rolling out the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for their LG Optimus Vu 2 which was released sometime last year, but back then, it came with just Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich as the operating system of choice. I guess this is a case of better late than never, considering how some folks were questioning why LG did not roll out the Optimus Vu 2 with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean right out of the box, just like what Samsung did with their Galaxy Note 2 (the Optimus Vu 2’s rival) which was released at roughly the same time.
Well, if you happen to reside in South Korea, own the LG Optimus Vu 2, and are subscribers of SK Telecom and KT, then it is time to carve a smile on your face, since your smartphone ought to be on the receiving end of the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update as of today, although those who picked up the Optimus Vu 2 from LG U+ will have to wait until March in order to enjoy some Jelly Bean goodness. [Press Release (Korean)]RELATED
- MiniShock Are Detailed DualShock 2 Controller Smartphone Straps
- HTC Offering HTC One For $25 Monthly
- Twitter Has New Targeted Advertising Which Learns From Your Browsing History
- Verizon 4G LTE Network Connectivity Improved In Selected Areas
- Android 4.4.1 Update For Nexus 4 And Nexus 7 Now Available
- Follow: Jelly Bean (Android), LG,