LG has just announced that they will be rolling out the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for their LG Optimus Vu 2 which was released sometime last year, but back then, it came with just Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich as the operating system of choice. I guess this is a case of better late than never, considering how some folks were questioning why LG did not roll out the Optimus Vu 2 with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean right out of the box, just like what Samsung did with their Galaxy Note 2 (the Optimus Vu 2’s rival) which was released at roughly the same time.
Well, if you happen to reside in South Korea, own the LG Optimus Vu 2, and are subscribers of SK Telecom and KT, then it is time to carve a smile on your face, since your smartphone ought to be on the receiving end of the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update as of today, although those who picked up the Optimus Vu 2 from LG U+ will have to wait until March in order to enjoy some Jelly Bean goodness. [Press Release (Korean)]
Next Story: Wii Mini Heads To U.K. On March 22
- LG Joins Nokia And Takes A Potshot At Samsung As Well
- Ellen Degeneres' Oscar Selfie Might Not Have Been Impromptu After All
- Cross-Platform BBM Could Be Getting Ads Soon, According To Android Beta
- BlackBerry Z30 Apps Will Automatically Be Available For The BlackBerry Z3
- Nokia Discourages Developers To Copy UI Elements From Other Platforms