Blackberry is certainly pinning their hopes on Blackberry 10 and its accompanying devices, and with a completely new operating system and hardware, it looks like they are trying their very best. Now it seems that over in Canada, Blackberry’s efforts might have paid off because reports have revealed that the Blackberry 10 (check out our review) is outselling both Apple and Samsung’s flagship smartphones, the iPhone 5 and the Samsung Galaxy S3 respectively. However it should be noted that this is limited to a major retailer in Canada, Glentel, who stated that the Blackberry Z10 is the “leading smartphone” sold through their stores.
This isn’t the first time we’ve heard of new phones selling out. In fact Nokia experienced such a surge in popularity, although many have speculated that it might be due to limited supply. Several industry watchers have also claimed that this is the case with the Blackberry Z10. Glentel unfortunately did not share any sales figures, but the fact that the Z10 is outselling the iPhone 5 and Galaxy S3 certainly says a lot, even if it is limited to one retailer. What do you guys think? Are you starting to see or hear more interest about the Blackberry Z10?
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2013-03-24: T-Mobile 4G LTE Network Being Tested In 9 Cities
- 2013-03-18: T-Mobile 4G LTE Service Rolling Out This Month
- 2013-02-14: Report: Interest In Blackberry Devices Surges While iPhone Declines
- 2013-02-04: Samsung Teases 'Next Big Thing' While BlackBerry 10 Shows What It Can't Do In Super Bowl Ads
- 2013-01-21: Samsung Targets iPhone, BlackBerry In Business-Focused Commercial