Microsoft has released fixes and patches for a total of 57 known issues today. The updates will fix critical security holes and fix more than 12 vulnerabilities. The major fix is for Windows RT and Surface RT users who are experiencing issues with the App Store Downloading functionality. Automatic updates would start downloading updates and put the system in “Connected Standby” . Users were unable to get Windows Store applications.
Another fix is for the Wi-Fi connectivity and reliability of Surface. Language packs have been added to the updates as well. A few more updates include driver updates for windows volume up and down buttons. Small updates include a fix for the audio playback quality of Bluetooth devices and streaming videos to Xbox through the Windows Media Center. Internet Explorer (IE) also has been patched, with two fixes specially designed for all versions of Internet Explorer. IE should provide a safe(r) environment once the patches have been installed. Or if new vulnerabilities are found, then new fixes will be released.
The patches are available on Windows Update, Windows Server Update Services and Microsoft Update. Complete information regarding the patches is available at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894199
Next Story: MeCam Quadcopter : The People's Drone
- 2014-04-16: Microsoft's New All-In-One Media Keyboard Destined For Your Living Room
- 2014-04-15: Microsoft To Open 11 More Specialty Retail Stores In The US
- 2014-04-15: Clippy Lives On As Cortana Easter Egg In Windows Phone 8.1
- 2014-04-15: Office 365 Personal Makes It Cheaper To Unlock All Features On iPad
- 2014-04-15: WP 8.1 GDR2 Update Could Support 2K Displays And Snapdragon 805 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-02: Windows Start Menu Really Coming Back
- 2013-12-10: Windows 8 Threshold Could Bring Back Full Start Menu Experience [Rumor]
- 2013-11-15: Windows 8, Windows Phone 8 Will Be Getting Facebook One-Click Login
- 2013-10-22: Microsoft Re-Releases Windows RT 8.1 Onto Windows Store
- 2013-10-17: Facebook Launches Official App For Windows 8.1