Good news for fans of the web browser from Mozilla. Firefox version 19 is available for download from Mozilla’s website ahead of its official launch tomorrow. The new web browser is available for Mac OS X, Windows and Linux with a few features and bug fixes from previous versions. Android users will have to wait a little longer, but should have the new version available for download from tomorrow.
Perhaps the most talked about feature in the new release is the PDF viewer based on HTML5. Firefox users will no longer have to rely on external plugins like the Adobe Reader PDF plugin, to view PDF files. The use of external plugins made browsing slower and at the times the plugins tended not to work properly. External plugins also had vulnerabilities that could be exploited. Users no longer have to worry about that as PDF files can be viewed within the browser.
Other updates in the browser are mostly focused on developer tools for the CSS and bug fixes, probably something that the average user will not fancy much. A complete list of release notes should be available tomorrow at the official launch.RELATED
- Study Finds That Fast Typists Might Not Even Remember Where The Keys Are Located
- AmazonFresh San Francisco Launch Possible Next Week
- China Bans Bitcoin Transactions Among Banks
- Microsoft CEO Candidate Alan Mulally Likely To Remain At Ford Through 2014
- Virtual Wall Could Prevent Oil Spills
- Follow: firefox, html5, mozilla,
- Seen at: tuaw