It is that time of the video game console cycle again, when the current vanguard are creaking on its hinges, and their processors about sputtering to deliver the maximum frame rates possible for the gamer to enjoy, knowing that their twilight hours are here, and a new generation of consoles are waiting in the wings to take over their mantle. Well, word on the street from sources who have had first-hand experience, or so they claim, with the next generation Xbox did mention that this bad boy will come with an “AMD eight-core x64 1.6GHz CPU, a D3D11.x 800MHz graphics solution and 8GB of DRR3 RAM.”
The amount of storage its hard drive carries remains to be seen, and it is said that games will arrive on 50GB Blu-ray discs. Imagine what would have happened if Toshiba’s HD DVD won the Full HD arms race, we could be looking at HD DVD game discs instead. Not only that, it is said that without an Internet connection, the new Xbox will not work, meaning the second-hand game market for this platform would be clearly non-existent. What do you think of such a move?
Next Story: iTunes Store Sells 25 Billion Songs And Counting
- 2014-04-08 Xbox Head Phil Spencer Doesn't Think Microsoft Will Dump It
- 2014-04-08 HBO Offering Xbox Users Free Access To Game Of Thrones' Premiere
- 2014-04-07 Microsoft Working On Original Content For The Xbox
- 2014-03-31 Phil Spencer Takes Over Microsoft's Xbox Division
- 2014-03-20 Microsoft Plans On Rewarding Positive Behavior On Xbox Live