The Android-powered Ouya is expected to arrive in retail stores this June and when it’s officially released too the gaming world, it will reportedly launch with 481 titles according to a recent post on OUYA’s forums.
Yes – if you decide to pick up a Ouya this summer, you’ll be able to pick from 481 games which means it will single-handedly go down in the record books as the only video game console to launch with that many titles.
A great majority of the titles are games that originally were made available on mobile devices running Android, which will be made available on Ouya. If you consider how many mobile games are titles that can be played in quick bursts, then 481 of them could certainly keep you busy, with only a handful of these games being worth buying the console over.
No matter what the results of the Ouya’s launch may be, we’re hoping it at least sparks more of an interest in game developers to create more Android games. Android gamers are a hungry group and worthwhile titles have been few and far between.
Next Story: TomTom Rider, A Motorcycle GPS Guidance System
- 2014-04-18: Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Madison For Android Declares War On In-App Advertisements
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2014-02-02: Ouya 16GB Launches At $129
- 2013-10-24: Ouya Rolling Out Nationwide Through Target With Demo Kiosks
- 2013-05-09: Ouya Console Launch Delayed To 25th June
- 2013-05-08: Ouya Teardown Reveals Console Can Be Easily Repaired
- 2013-04-15: Ouya Underperforms Current Generation Of Android Phones In Benchmark Tests