The Android-powered Ouya is expected to arrive in retail stores this June and when it’s officially released too the gaming world, it will reportedly launch with 481 titles according to a recent post on OUYA’s forums.
Yes – if you decide to pick up a Ouya this summer, you’ll be able to pick from 481 games which means it will single-handedly go down in the record books as the only video game console to launch with that many titles.
A great majority of the titles are games that originally were made available on mobile devices running Android, which will be made available on Ouya. If you consider how many mobile games are titles that can be played in quick bursts, then 481 of them could certainly keep you busy, with only a handful of these games being worth buying the console over.
No matter what the results of the Ouya’s launch may be, we’re hoping it at least sparks more of an interest in game developers to create more Android games. Android gamers are a hungry group and worthwhile titles have been few and far between.RELATED
- Sony Predicts The PS4 Will Outsell The PS3
- Nintendo Wii U Expected To Dominate Christmas Sales, According To Play.com
- EA Stocks Dip After Announcing Halt On Battlefield 4 DLCs
- MiniShock Are Detailed DualShock 2 Controller Smartphone Straps
- Bethesda’s Silence Is Deafening For Fallout Fans
- Follow: Android, Ouya,
- Seen at: ouyaforum