Ouya Kickstarter supporters have been waiting anxiously to hear word of when they could expect their Android-powered video game console to make its way to their homes. We’ve heard Ouya started shipping out its developer kits this past December, and we published a report announcing people could expect the Ouya to make its way to retailers starting in June. Today, we’ve finally received word when you Kickstarter backers can expect your Ouya.
A month from now, Ouya Kickstarter supporters will have their consoles shipped out on March 28. The news comes from Ouya founder Julie Uhrman in a blog post published earlier today. The post also confirms Ouya is on track for a full retail launch in June.
Kim Swift, who is best known for her work on Portal 2 and Left 4 Dead, was mentioned in the blog post as well announcing she will be creating a console-exclusive title. “We truly feel that this platform will give us the freedom to fully realize the funky, unique game we have in mind,” Swift says in the blog post. “Though the title will definitely appeal to core gamers in terms of skill and difficulty, it really has a completely unexpected, imaginative slant that’s totally at home on this console.”RELATED
- Fallout 4 Website Turns Out To Be Fake
- R4iSDHC Gets Updated Website
- 'Waiting In Line 3D' Brings The Boredom Of Waiting In Line To Your Computer
- Super Smash Bros. Adds Zelda: Majora's Mask's Skull Kid As An Assist Trophy
- Ultra Street Fighter 4 Headed To Xbox 360, PS3 June 2014
- Follow: Android, game console, Ouya,