Audio communications equipment manufacturer, Plantronics, has just unveiled its latest Bluetooth headset that is built for commercial drivers. Enter the Blacktop 500 Commercial Driver Headset, a Bluetooth headset specifically designed to keep the driver’s eyes on the road and hands on the wheel. To make that possible, Plantronics uses a technology called Smart Sensor that will automatically trigger power each time the headset is worn. The sensor then routes all the audio from any mobile device including calls and music to the headset, hence helping drivers focus on the road.
The Blacktop 500 headset also cancels road noise, thanks to its wind and noise cancelling microphone, and it features easy Bluetooth controls for mute, power, call answer and end, and volume. The Blacktop 500 headset is also travel-friendly, thanks to its soft and cushioned earpiece. As for its battery life, it can reportedly deliver up to 10 hours of talk time and up to 10 days of standby time. In case you were wondering, the headset uses an in-vehicle charging system. The Blacktop 500 is now available for $129.99 via Plantronics, Amazon, BestBuy, and RadioShack.
- 2014-02-23: Plantronics BackBeat FIT Wireless Sports Headphones
- 2014-02-23: Plantronics Voyager Edge Bluetooth Headset
- 2013-08-20: Plantronics RIG Review: Fast Gaming/Mobile Audio Switch
- 2013-07-22: Plantronics BackBeat Go 2 In-Ear Headphones
- 2013-05-15: Plantronics Headsets Used Exclusively At League Of Legends Championship