With the introduction of the iPad mini, Apple introduced a new design to its series of tablets and we guess we wouldn’t be surprised if those designs would be applied to future iPad and iPad mini products as well. With that being said, it looks like that will indeed be the case for the iPad 5 if these case designs from manufacturer MiniSuit (via Mac Rumors) are to be believed. As you can see in the image above (and the ones in the gallery below), the case for the iPad 5 is a very noticeable departure from that of the iPad 4, and at the same time looks like a larger version of the iPad mini.
The design of the case also suggests that Apple is moving the microphone to the rear portion of the iPad, as opposed to the iPad 4 where the microphone is located at the top of the tablet. Apart from that, the case also reveals that the iPad 5 is thinner which we guess wouldn’t be a complete shocker. It should be noted that sometimes case manufacturers build their cases based on rumors and leaks and might not necessarily be accurate, so we wouldn’t place too much emphasis on these cases just yet. In any case with the iPad 5 rumored for a Q3 launch, we guess it’s still a bit too early to tell.
- 2014-04-21 Former Apple Exec Thinks The iPad Needs To Be More MacBook-like
- 2014-04-18 Next-Gen iPad Air Spotted In Leaked Photos (Rumor)
- 2014-04-16 Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2014-04-13 Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09 Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year