One of Nintendo’s biggest Wii U exclusives this year, Rayman Legends, has just been announced by Ubisoft to no longer be exclusive to the console as releases on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 will be expected later this year.
If that wasn’t enough of a big slap in Nintendo’s face, Ubisoft is also announcing the game will be delayed from its original Wii U-exclusive launch date of February 26 to release on all three platforms in September 2013. After spending several hours conducting our own very elaborate and intense research, that equates to a seven month delay. This leads us to wonder why exactly did Ubisoft wait three weeks before Rayman Legends was expected on the Wii U to announce this monumental change.
Wii U fans must be feeling duped at this point as there are no releases expected for the month of February now that Rayman Legends is out of the picture. Meanwhile, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 owners are probably excited to hear the sequel to one of the best side-scrolling adventures will be hitting their platform of choice this fall.
- 2014-04-11: Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Not Be Coming To Games On Demand
- 2014-04-07: GoPro Channel Xbox 360 App Release Tomorrow
- 2014-04-06: Xbox 360 Emulation On Xbox One Mulled
- 2014-04-06: Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Be A "True Experience"
- 2014-04-04: Minecraft For Xbox 360 Crosses The 12 Million Copies Sold Mark
- 2013-09-03: Rayman Legends Now Available On PC, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS Vita
- 2013-05-01: Call of Duty: Ghosts Officially Announced To Be Released On November 5
- 2013-04-12: Rayman Legends Delay Resulted In 30 New Levels, New Boss Battles
- 2013-04-09: Batman: Arkham Origins Coming October 25 For PC, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U
- 2013-03-25: DuckTales Remastered Coming To XBLA, PSN, Wii U This Summer