It seems every day we get closer to E3, there’s a new rumor for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox 720. Yesterday we heard of the possibility the next-generation Xbox requiring an Internet connection at all times, which may be one of the nails in the coffin of the used games industry.
Today, The Verge is reporting they’ve learned from sources familiar with Microsoft’s plans for its next-generation Xbox the company plans on improving its speech recognition technology. The next-generation Xbox is expected to have wake on voice, natural language controls and speech-to-text technologies.
Not only that, but it’s also being reported Microsoft may be researching scenarios where its Kinect sensor will suggest multiplayer games if it detects particular individuals within its view. The user would need to ask their Xbox a phrase like “what are my friends playing,” to then be met with their friends list opening up.
It seems both Microsoft and Sony have a lot planned with their upcoming consoles that may put Nintendo’s Wii U to absolute shame. Until either company makes their official announcement to introduce their new consoles to the world, all we can do is sit and hope everything we hear becomes absolute truth one day.RELATED
- Mysterious Fallout Website Releases Another Coded Message
- Upcoming GTA 5 DLC Could Feature Casinos, Dirt Racing, And Shark Shooting [Rumor]
- Possible Super Smash Bros. Release Date Hinted By GameStop
- Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare Headed To PS4, Xbox 360 [Rumor]
- Game Of Thrones Game From Telltale Games Might Be Happening [Rumor]
- Follow: kinect, Microsoft, siri, xbox 360, xbox 720,