Earlier today it was reported that Samsuing’s J.K. Shin confirmed that the Samsung Galaxy S4 would be unveiled in New York. The question is when exactly will that be? Previous rumors had suggested that the date would be the 14th of March and it looks like those rumors were spot on. Samsung has announced via its Twitter account that they will be holding an Unpacked event on the 14th of March in New York, and after the confirmation by J.K. Shin, it seems that there shouldn’t be anything left that could surprise us. It will be interesting to see what Samsung will announce – after all given the success of the Galaxy S-series of Android smartphones, many are eagerly anticipating Samsung’s next-gen Galaxy S smartphone, the Galaxy S4.
The rumors have been suggesting that Samsung could bring a 5” display to the Galaxy S4 and make use of its own Exynos 8-core processor which the South Korean company revealed at CES 2013. The 5” display would make sense, especially with their competitors such as HTC, LG and Sony rolling out similar sized devices. The Exynos 8-core processor on the other hand remains to be seen. Recent rumors have indicated that due to production issues, Samsung might forgo their new Exynos processors and instead replace them with a 1.9GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 quad-core chipset instead. We’ll be taking these rumors with a grain of salt for now, but be sure to check back with us on the 14th of March for the details! Who’s excited?!
Next Story: Nokia 105: Rugged And Dirt Cheap
- 2014-04-13: Google Executive Says No iPhone Features Were Copied For Android
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Root For T-Mobile And Sprint Variants Available
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-11: Samsung Galaxy S5 Will Be Region-Locked As Well
- 2014-04-02: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Surprisingly Durable In Drop Test
- 2014-02-24: Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-02-18: Samsung Galaxy S4 Value Edition Confirmed By Bluetooth SIG
- 2014-02-12: Sprint's Galaxy S4 Could Receive KitKat Update Tomorrow
- 2014-02-03: Samsung Galaxy S4 Trade-Ins Are Higher Than Before