One of the ways Samsung has managed to capture a greater share of the market is by offering devices ranging from high-end, like the Galaxy S3 and the Galaxy Note 2, to low-end budget Android devices that can be bought by those shopping on a budget. Now the good news is that if you’re looking for a new budget Android device for 2013, Samsung might have something for you in the form of the Galaxy Star. This alleged device will apparently be announced at MWC 2013 which will be taking place next week. The Galaxy Star GT-S5282 will be a low-end Android handset and it is possible that the Galaxy Star moniker is merely a codename, and that it could actually be the Galaxy Y.
The device will feature a 3” display with QVGA resolution, a 2MP camera, 4GB of internal storage, a microSD card slot for memory expansion with support for up to 32GB, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, a 1,200mAh battery and will run on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, which all things considered is pretty much the highlight of this device. No word on how much it will cost or when it will be made available, but given its specs it will probably go easy on your wallet. In any case we will be live at MWC 2013 in Barcelona, so if you’re hankering for more mobile news, be sure to check back with us then for all the coverage!
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Uses Eco-friendly Packaging In Galaxy Series Devices
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Android Wear Smartwatch Expected Later This Year
- 2014-02-25: Samsung and Qualcomm Build World’s Fastest Galaxy Note 3
- 2013-02-25: VISA, Samsung Announce Partnership Bringing payWave To Galaxy Devices
- 2013-02-24: Samsung Homesync Is A Powerful Media Server Running Android Jelly Bean
- 2013-02-23: Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 Tablet Becomes Official
- 2013-02-04: 6 Rumored Samsung Devices Appear In Benchmarks