Many believe that the PlayStation 4 will be released this year, although when exactly remains to be seen, but at the same time it is speculated that the announcement at the very least will take place on the 20th of February. The next question on everyone’s minds (we’re assuming!) is that how much will the console cost once it goes on sale? Now the PlayStation 3 was definitely not cheap when it was released, although considering it was a huge step up from the PlayStation 2, we guess we can understand why it was priced so expensive at its early stages.
Now according to a newspaper Asahi Shimbun (translate by Gematsu), word has it that the PlayStation 4 could cost around $427 (after conversion from the Japanese Yen). This is compared to the PS3 which cost around $500 at launch for the 20GB version, but perhaps with technology being more advanced these days, it is possible that manufacturing the PS4 could be cheaper which is why Sony is able to price the device more affordably. Either way it is speculation for now, but hopefully come 20th February there will be more details to share, but in the meantime what do you think about the possible price tag? Fair?
Next Story: Teen Quits Facebook For $200
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-02-03: PS4 Update 1.60: Headset Support, Gold Wireless Headset Coming “Soon”
- 2013-12-06: 8-Hour PSN Maintenance Taking Place On December 9
- 2013-11-20: This Gamer's PS4 Remains Untouched After A Tornado Destroyed His Home
- 2013-11-19: Sony's $399 PS4 Costs $381 To Build [Report]
- 2013-11-18: PS4 Blue Light Of Death Fixes Suggested By Sony