Just a few days before Sony’s big PlayStation 4 reveal, big news came from Japan as Sony announced the PS Vita would be receiving a price cut, leaving many people to speculate PS Vita’s around the world would receive a similar future.
If you were hoping a PS Vita price cut would be making its way to the U.S., it looks like you’ll need to continue to hope for such a thing to happen as Sony Worldwide Studios’ president Shuhei Yoshida revealed there are no plans for the PS Vita to receive a price drop. To help clarify why the U.S. wouldn’t follow suit behind Japan, it’s due to the exchange rates in that country, which don’t affect other regions.
Considering how much Sony plans to integrate the PS Vita with the PlayStation 4, a price cut around the holidays would make absolute sense as it could potentially sell the device as a companion handheld for the PS4. Maybe Sony could even potentially bundle both devices as an “Ultimate Playstation” bundle pack, although we could only imagine what something like that would cost consumers.RELATED
- Ultra Street Fighter 4 Headed To Xbox 360, PS3 June 2014
- Fallout 4 Teaser Website Reveals New Message; Counting Down To Dec. 11
- 8-Hour PSN Maintenance Taking Place On December 9
- The Walking Dead Game Season 2 Release Date Revealed On Steam
- Razer Kazuyo iPhone Gamepad Leaked
- Follow: playstation, ps vita, Sony,
- Seen at: polygon