The Sony Xperia Z has yet to roll out officially in most countries, but apparently, it has been rooted before it was officially rolled out. DoomLord of XDA-Devs fame has relied on the CF-Auto-Root toolkit from the Nexus 4 rooting odyssey in order to achieve this. Using a slight modification on the Nexus 4 root tool, the Sony Xperia Z will be available to be free for modding as well as hacking according to your heart’s desire, and so far, it seems that Sony’s device is more than ready to be tinkered with even further.
We also have word that Sony remains reluctant to pose too many restrictions on its Android-powered smartphones, since it will actually encourage developers to perform hacks and mods. What do you think of the Sony Xperia Z’s root before its release? Will we also see the same happen to other smartphones in the market?
Next Story: HTC One Photos Not The Coolest On The Block
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-03-03: T-Mobile Xperia Z Android 4.3 Update Released
- 2013-08-13: 100 Sony Xperia Z Handsets Used In A Fashion Project
- 2013-08-06: Sony XPERIA Z Users Complain of Build Quality in Forums
- 2013-08-01: Sony Shipped 9.6 Million Smartphones Last Quarter
- 2013-07-31: Sony Xperia Z And Xperia ZL Gets New Firmware Updates