Late last year, Spotify announced it would be adding some new content to its service in the form of new sections called Discovery, Collection and Follow. The new sections were expected to start rolling out to its users by early 2013, one of which is starting to make itself available.
The Follow tab will allow Spotify users to follow their friends and celebrities to help better discover what they’re currently listening to as well as their feedback on certain tracks. Think of it as Spotify’s own personal network that revolves squarely around music available on the service.
Spotify’s other tabs Discovery and Collection have yet to roll out, but their Follow tab should be making its way to your account in the near future. All three tabs were are still expected for an early 2013 release, which we hope now that the Follow tab is starting to surface means the other two should be releasing relatively soon.
- 2014-04-13: Sprint And Spotify Reportedly Joining Forces
- 2014-03-27: Spotify IPO Expected This Fall
- 2014-03-25: Spotify Premium Is Now 50% Cheaper For US College Students
- 2014-03-24: Nokia MixRadio First Global Music Streaming Service To Launch In China
- 2014-03-23: Apple Spotify Rival Release Possible [Report]
- 2013-12-06: Free, Ad-Supported Spotify For Mobile Rumored To Launch Next Week
- 2013-06-27: Spotify Planning To Offer Original Content
- 2013-05-29: Spotify Rolls Out 'Discover' Tab To Help Users Find New Tunes
- 2013-04-09: Spotify Rolling Out 'Follow' Tab To Desktop App Users
- 2012-12-12: CataCombo Unites Streaming Music With A Coffin For $30k Of Afterlife Awesomeness