Blizzard’s Starcraft franchise is an RTS game, so it’s hard to imagine what the game could be like if it were to be played as an MMO – or is it? If you haven’t touched Starcraft 2 in a while or if you’re looking to take a break from the competitive ladder matches, it seems that the Starcraft 2 mod, Starcraft Universe: Chronicles of Fate, is now available and will be going out over Battle.net. For those unfamiliar with the title, it’s basically a mod for Starcraft 2 that turns the otherwise RTS game into a pretty impressive looking sci-fi MMO. The project did run into some trouble a few years back, but whatever issues they had with Blizzard have since been smoothed over.
As it stands the current version of the game will be available only in single player mode, but this is just to make sure that the core of the game is working properly. The good news is that assuming everything goes well, the multiplayer instances that will support 5-10 players will be released later. At the moment the Starcraft Universe mod allows players to choose between 8 different classes, character customization, mounted vehicle combat, and a custom physics engine built by DarkRevenant. In fact it even features some prominent voice actors, such as Michael Gough who voiced Deckard Cain in Diablo, and Danielle McRae who voices Karma in League of Legends. You can check out the trailer of the mod in the video above.
- 2014-04-17 Swedish Politicians Compete In A StarCraft 2 Tournament Against Each Other
- 2014-04-11 Study Uses StarCraft 2 To Prove The Effects Of Aging
- 2014-01-21 Patch 2.1 For StarCraft 2 Unlocks Custom Maps For Starter Edition Owners
- 2013-08-08 Blizzard WCS App Announced, Lets You Stream StarCraft 2 Matches On The Go
- 2013-07-30 StarCraft 2 2.0.10 Patch Adds eSport Features And Color Blind Mode
- 2013-07-29 Watch StarCraft 2 Played From A Professional's Perspective
- 2013-07-23 StarCraft 2 Gets XP Bonus And Unlocked Races As Part Of Anniversary Celebration