For folks who think that Kre-O is a cheap imitation of Lego, well, I guess you are entitled to your point of view, but seriously, imagine if Apple were the only company in the world to come up with a smartphone, won’t other handsets in the market be considered as a knockoff? Well, with Lego maintaining the right to come up with Star Wars bricked sets, it would make perfect commercial sense for rival Kre-O to obtain the Star Trek license, and their first official Star Trek brick set would be the famous Starship Enterprise.
Of course, it will not come anywhere close to Lego’s impressive 5,000-piece Millennium Falcon set, as the Kre-O’s Starship Enterprise is based on the ship from the upcoming Star Trek: Into Darkness movie that will be directed by most folks’ favorite director, JJ Abrams, who incidentally, will also be doing the next Star Wars movie. 432 pieces from Kre-O make up this 18-inch long set, and it will retail for $69.99 a pop this coming May. We do expect to see brisk sales considering how the movie will be released then, too.
- 2013-09-13: Star Trek Teleportation Prank Convinces People Scotty Can Beam Us Up
- 2013-09-11: NSA Director Might Have Starship Enterprise Bridge Replica
- 2013-08-23: Government Website Has Klingon Translation On Offer
- 2013-06-07: Star Trek Inspired Theme Park Approved In Jordan
- 2013-06-06: Acer Aspire R7 Star Trek Limited Edition Being Auctioned Off June 14