Back in the day when Apple and Microsoft were bitter rivals where the desktop operating system was concerned, it was deemed sacrilegious to see Windows running on a Mac machine. In fact, at one point in time, when Windows could boot up officially on Apple machines, many people were still not used to the idea nor sight of it. Having said that, we are now well into the 21st century, and both companies have synergized rather well over the past few years. This time around, we have a Microsoft Surface Pro tablet that instead of running on Windows 8, it will have OS X as the operating system of choice.
After all, the hardware parts and components within the Surface Pro are compatible with some of the Apple devices out there, so it makes perfect sense for an enthusiast with too much time on his/her hands to come up with an OS X port that is accompanied by a bunch of minor tweaks. WiFi connectivity, however, does not seem to be working fine, and of course, this video could very well be an elaborate hoax – so we will just wait it out. What do you think?
- 2014-04-10: Apple's iOS, OS X, And "Key Web-Based Services" Not Affected By Heartbleed Flaw
- 2014-04-06: How To Install Mac OS X Mavericks From USB
- 2014-02-26: Mail Issues Persist On Mavericks Even After 10.9.2 Update
- 2014-02-25: Apple Plugs SSL Encryption Bug On OS X
- 2014-02-24: Apple's SSL Bug Extends To OS X Too, Fix Incoming
- 2014-02-07: Tim Cook Compares Android To Europe