Nowadays, you can watch streaming video through a number of ways that include accessing a service’s application on a video game console, a SmartTV or simply by visiting the service’s website on your computer. Because of that, we probably have become somewhat jaded at the fact that nearly everything around us can serve as online video streamers and when a particular product doesn’t offer those experiences, we tend to scoff at them. With that said, Apple TV may be joining the 2011s as they might be getting HBO Go added to its set-top boxes.
According to anonymous sources who spoke to Bloomberg, Apple may be in negotiations with Time Warner in order to bring the HBO Go app to Apple TV some time later this year. Why it has taken Apple this long to strike a deal with Time Warner is beyond us as HBO Go has been available across a number of platforms ever since it was made available back in February 2010.
HBO Go debuted on other Apple platforms such as iOS devices and iTunes last year, which makes this apparent deal even more confusing as we would think if Apple already had the HBO Go app available on those other Apple platforms, then why not just say “Oh, yea – and Apple TV, too.”RELATED
- GoPro Cameras Deliver Bullet-Time Scenes From Everyday Activities
- BallCam Football Captures Rotating Video To Create Steady Images
- President Obama Signs Bill Allowing Netflix Users To Share Videos Through Facebook
- Samsung NX300 Camera With f1.8 2D/3D Lens [Video]
- YouTube Capture for iOS Has Users Sharing Life's Moments With Ease
- Follow: apple tv, hbo, hbo go, time warner,
- Seen at: bloomberg