TomTom has just launched their GPS for motorcycles named TomTom Rider. In a press release from Amsterdam, the company introduced design and features of the GPS device: “With TomTom Rider, bikers can not only choose where to go, but more importantly how they want to get there,” said Corinne Vigreux, Managing Director of TomTom Consumer. “We listened to feedback from motorbike communities to create a device that was customized for the way they want to ride. We found that the overwhelming majority of bikers use their motorcycle for recreational purposes and many actively seek out routes that offer fantastic scenic touring experiences. TomTom Rider gives bikers the ability to find and ride the best scenic routes in the world.”Motorcyclists using the TomTom Rider have a choice of creating their personalized routes and then putting them on the Rider. Or they can use the routes suggested by the device in two categories, either the fastest route or the most scenic route. The device also comes with Bluetooth functionality to provide audio instructions straight to the bike rider’s helmet. The TomTom Rider has a 4.3” screen, which is designed for all weather conditions, including rain and is glove-friendly. Bikers can plug the GPS device’s charging dock into the bike for easier charging. Presently the Rider is available for $511 for pre-order.
- 2014-04-14 Lechal Smart Shoes Update
- 2014-04-08 Toyota Sports Drive Logger Replays Circuit Runs At Home
- 2014-04-02 TomTom Runner Cardio GPS Sport Watch Announced
- 2014-03-27 Magellan SmartGPS 5390 Announced
- 2014-03-06 HereO Watch Helps Parents Keep Tabs On Their Kids
- 2014-01-03 TomTom Go Series with TomTom Traffic
- 2012-10-04 TomTom for Android makes its way into the Google Play store
- 2012-08-29 TomTom for Android to be announced at IFA
- 2012-06-06 TomTom to launch on Android devices "fairly soon"