Twitter, the creator of the famous and well used microblogging site, has announced that they will be working on a native app which will run on the recently introduced Firefox mobile operating system, especially when such handsets will roll out sometime before the second quarter of the year is over. This commitment to the yet untested and unproven platform is certainly a leap of faith, and hopefully this will act as a snowball effect for other developers who are wondering whether they should support this greenhorn mobile operating system platform.
According to Twitter’s announcement, devices, especially smartphones, that are powered by Mozilla’s browser-based operating system will also see a Twitter app in its Firefox Marketplace. Twitter engineer Manuel Deschamps, mentioned, “Similar to our other mobile apps, Twitter for Firefox OS has a rich interface, featuring the Home, Connect, Discover and Me tabs, as well as the search and compose Tweet icons, so you can easily find and send Tweets from anywhere in the app.”
What are some of the apps that would make or break your purchase decision of a smartphone?
Next Story: Nokia Lumia 520 Hits The FCC
- 2014-04-15: Turkey And Twitter Have Not Arrived At Any Tax Deal Yet
- 2014-04-14: American Airlines Receives Additional Bomb Threats After Dutch Girl’s Arrest
- 2014-04-14: US Airways Tweets Apology To Customer
- 2014-04-14: Girl Tweets Mock Threat At American Airlines, Gets Arrested
- 2014-04-13: “Ellen Seflie” Now A Painting At Twitter HQ