Naughty Dog is announcing today the complete multiplayer mode of Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception will be available on PlayStation Network as a free-to-play title, marking the first time a AAA game has transitioned from being offered as an additional mode within a paid product to adopting a free-to-play method.
The free-to-play version of Uncharted 3′s multiplayer mode will give you unlimited access to the game until you reach level 15. The game will continue to track your experience points, but in order to unlock additional levels, you’ll need to raise the level cap to either 25 or removing it completely through in-game purchases.
You’ll also be able to purchase the ability to play Uncharted 3′s multiplayer in a split-screen mode, co-op adventure mode, co-op arena and even unlock the full single-player version of the game.
We’ve been hearing the cries of gamers for years now as they’ve been hoping for multiplayer versions of their games be made available, and Naughty Dog sort of delivered a multiplayer-only experience with today’s news. Sure – it’s turned free-to-play, but you could still enjoy a large portion of the multiplayer experience without spending a single dime. And who knows? Maybe this could spark other developers to offer multiplayer-only versions of their games in the future.RELATED
- Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes Releasing March 18
- Donkey Kong Projected Onto A Wedding Cake Is Completely Playable
- Titanfall Debuts Ogre, Stryder Titan Classes In New Trailers
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Releasing Feb. 21 With Playable Cranky
- Telltale Games Announces 'Tales From The Borderlands' Episodic Game
- Follow: free-to-play, multiplayer, playstation, playstation 3, ps3, Sony,
- Seen at: blog.us.playstation