The Samsung Galaxy Nexus from Verizon Wireless might sport 4G LTE connectivity, but it has sadly been passed over in terms of software updates compared to the GSM version of the Galaxy Nexus, which in fact, remains four versions behind the most recent software update. The indignity of it all! At least we have hope that things will change for the better soon, as according to a Verizon support team member who used Twitter as the channel of communications, replied to a query, saying, “Samsung will push the update directly to your device over the air. Sorry, no release date. But, it will be soon.”
“Soon” is a very relative word, and bear in mind that the Verizon Galaxy Nexus currently runs on the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update, which remains clearly behind the Android 4.1.2, Android 4.2.1, and of course, the most recent Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Ah well, at least there is an update coming, and we are willing to settle for scraps if that is what it takes.
Next Story: iPhone 6 Rumor To Feature Polycarbonate Body
- 2014-04-22 PayPal Fingerprint Authorization For Verizon's Galaxy S5 Workaround Discovered
- 2014-04-21 HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-20 Verizon Galaxy S4 KitKat Release Expected May 2nd
- 2014-04-20 Verizon LG G2 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-04-18 Verizon HTC One M8 Software Update Arriving Soon
- 2012-09-26 Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus gets Android 4.1 Jelly Bean factory image from Google directly
- 2012-06-18 Verizon offers Galaxy Nexus for $149 at Best Buy
- 2012-05-31 Android 4.0.4 update reportedly rolling out to some Verizon Galaxy Nexus owners now
- 2012-03-20 Verizon rumored to be testing Android 4.0.5 for the Galaxy Nexus
- 2012-02-15 16 GB White Galaxy Nexus headed to Verizon?