Vuzix eyewear announced the release of its new line of eyewear today. The WRAP 1200AR might just be the coolest Augmented Reality eyewear yet to hit the stores: “We are excited to be shipping these new digital ARglasses, offering a huge 75-inch virtual screen, as seen from 10 feet. New features such as adjustable eye-separation, synchronized camera and display tilt combine for the best digital see-through AR user experience on the market,” said Paul Travers, President and CEO, Vuzix Corporation.
The glasses support 2D and stereoscopic 3D. Adjustable cameras have been provided for the best user experience. They come with a 35 degree diagonal field of view and provide 24-bit true color with a progressive scan rate of 60HZ.Also provided is tracking technology able to track head yaw, pitch, and roll. The glasses can be connected to game consoles, phones and other compatible devices via component connections.
The box includes NiMH batteries, USB charger and a free copy of maxReality, an AR content authoring plug-in for Autodesk 3ds Max. Also included are earphones which can be substituted for any earphones the user likes. Priced at $1499.00, these glasses just might come out to become the next most amazing Augmented Reality eyewear. Would like to buy one today ?
- 2013-12-10: Vuzix M2000AR First Smartglasses To Use Waveguide Optical Technology
- 2013-09-30: NTT docomo’s Vuzix M100 Hands-On
- 2013-09-26: Vuzix And NTT DoCoMo Will Feature M100 Smart Glasses At CEATEC 2013
- 2013-06-03: Metaio And Vuzix Showcases AR-Ready Smart Glasses
- 2013-03-25: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Rumored To Have Unbreakable Display
- 2013-02-12: Vuzix WRAP 1200AR Eyewear Released