[MWC 2013] ZTE has just announced their latest smartphone that is simply known as the ZTE Open (will there be a ZTE Closed sometime down the road?). Well, the ZTE Open is said to launch in orange and blue globally from Q2 onwards, where it sports a run-of-the-mill 3.5-inch display encased with a plastic shell, clearly sending out the mental image that this will be a low-end mobile device that will not turn heads.
The ZTE Open is said to carry a Cortex-A5-based Qualcomm processor that clocks in at either 600MHz or 800MHz, accompanied by a paltry 256MB RAM, 512MB of internal memory, and a 3.2-megapixel shooter at the back. Last time I checked, we are in 2013 and not 2011, which is what the hardware specifications seem to indicate. Then again, ZTE never constructed the ZTE Open to make it the flashiest smartphone on the street, but at the very least, it will be (hopefully) a functional Firefox OS device right out of the box. We can’t wait to see or hear of higher end smartphones that run on Firefox OS. A flagship from someone, please?
Next Story: Samsung Galaxy S4 Full Specs Leaked [Rumor]
- 2014-04-14: ZTE Star 1 Box Spotted
- 2014-04-08: ZTE Apollo Could Be 64-Bit Android Smartphone
- 2014-03-28: ZTE Grand S II To Get 4GB RAM (Rumor)
- 2014-03-25: ZTE Nubia X6 Announced In China
- 2014-03-17: ZTE And The9 Ready To Roll Out Fun Box Console In China
- 2014-03-13: ZTE Grand Memo 2 LTE: Video Hands-On
- 2014-02-25: Samsung and Qualcomm Build World’s Fastest Galaxy Note 3
- 2014-02-24: ZTE Grand Memo II LTE Announced
- 2014-02-24: ZTE Open II Hits The Deck
- 2013-02-25: ZTE Grand Memo Unveiled