So, you think that you are smug with the 2013 Retina MacBook Pro in your possession, while the rest of your mates are rocking on to a 2012 or older model? Well, not everything that is the latest is always the greatest, although that is the general rule of thumb most of the time, as the 2013 Retina MacBook Pro is said to have issues with its fan speed.
YouTube user Oyinko, as well as a bunch of other folks over at the official Apple support forums, did mention that the fan in the 2013 Retina MacBook Pro model will actually increase its speed to a potentially dangerous level, never mind that the MacBook Pro itself is not doing anything processor intensive, and hence, logically would not need that kind of cool air. According to Oyinko, the possible reason why the fan has gone all wonky would be the change of a Samsung SSD to that of a Sandisk SSD, where the new (and obviously foreign) Sandisk ends up creating a conflict in fan management. Short of an update from Apple to fix this issue, there does not seem to be any other method. Are you affected as well?
Next Story: Datamancer Executive Keyboard
- 2014-03-05: 13-inch Non-Retina MacBook Pro Could Be Discontinued This Year [Rumor]
- 2013-11-07: Apple Issues Fix For 13" MacBook Pros' Trackpad And Keyboard Woes
- 2013-11-03: OS X Mavericks Taps MacBook Pro's Ambient Light Sensor To Detect Movement
- 2013-10-30: Apple Announces Fix Incoming For MacBook Pros With Keyboard/Trackpad Issues
- 2013-10-28: Late 2013 MacBook Pros Experiencing Keyboard And Trackpad Freezes
- 2013-02-13: MacBook Pro With Retina Display Prices Updated
- 2012-10-23: Retina MacBook Pro 13 announced
- 2012-08-27: 13.3-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display already in production?
- 2012-06-15: 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display coming?
- 2012-06-13: Retina MacBook Pro snapped up in a jiffy