ABC, or the channel with Dancing with the Stars and Shark Tank as most people know it as these days, is reportedly working on a mobile application that would deliver a live stream of its TV programming. If it turns out to be true and ABC does deliver an application that would live stream its TV programming, it would be the first US broadcaster to do so, making it automatically cooler than FOX, NBC and CBS.
The live-streaming application would allow its users to watch ABC anywhere they go as long as they have an Internet connection, which already makes it a better deal than the apps produced by cable TV companies as they only allow you to watch live-streaming broadcasts while connected to your home wireless network. ABC’s live-streaming app would only be available to subscribers, which means those of you who watch the channel over-the-air will be out of luck.
ABC is also in talks with local television stations to find ways of involving them with the live-streaming application.
If what is being reported turns out to be true, we should expect ABC to make their live-streaming application available some time this year.RELATED
- Nest Smoke Detector Could Be In The Works
- New Apple TV to come next year?
- Free, Ad-Supported Spotify For Mobile Rumored To Launch Next Week
- Samsung Could Be Looking To Bring Android 4.4 KitKat To Older Devices
- Samsung Rumored To Be Working On 8-inch And 10-inch AMOLED Tablets
- Follow: abc, apps, live streaming, television, tv,
- Seen at: nytimes