The Sony NEX-7 is currently the highest priced NEX camera in Sony’s portfolio, although if the rumors of the NEX-9 are true, then it would be the second-most expensive. According to Sony Alpha Rumors, they have managed to dig up additional information about the NEX-7n and according to their sources, they believe that an announcement for the NEX-7n could be made in early April, and for those who can’t wait to get their hands on it, it is expected to be stocked in May. So what sort of (rumored) specs are we talking about here?
For starters like earlier rumored, the NEX-7n is expected to sport a new 24MP APS-C sensor with a ½ stop improvement and increased dynamic range. It will also feature a 3.8 million dot EVF, a massive improvement over the NEX-7, a touchscreen LCD display, hybrid contrast and phase detection AF, WiFi capabilities and it should be around the same size as the current NEX-7 but with a slight redesign. No word on how much the rumored NEX-7n will cost, but we expect it should be priced around the same as the NEX-7 when it first launched.
- 2014-04-21: Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21: Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20: Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20: Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-03-12: Sony A6000 Replaces The NEX-7, According To Sony Presentation Slide
- 2013-11-18: Sony NEX-7 Successor Rumored For Early 2014 Announcement
- 2013-08-07: Sony NEX-7 Out Of Stock In Some Stores, Successor Imminent?
- 2013-07-11: Sony NEX-7's Successor's Body Design Gets A Description [Rumor]
- 2013-06-19: Sony NEX-7 Successor October Shipping Date Rumored