It seems that just about everyone wants to get a slice of the mobile action, and Amazon is one such company with rumors flying around that they too, would want to show off to the world a smartphone that they can call their own. The thing is, this curious device could possibly see a delay before being released, as it has run into production issues according to its manufacturing partner, Foxconn. Yes, the very same folks who churns out iPhones do seem to have inked an agreement with Amazon to come up with their smartphones as well, but it seems that the second quarter of 2013 for the release date would have to be pushed back farther.
Right now, the production of Amazon’s smartphone remains under its engineering verification test (EVT) period, no thanks to problems arising that were related to its mobile platform. Foxconn’s subsidiary Ensky Tech, which is the arm responsible to roll out Amazon’s family of e-book readers and tablets, will most probably begin mass production of the smartphone after June.
Next Story: Google Now Arriving On Chrome OS And Windows
- 2014-04-23 HBO Go Coming To Fire TV, Amazon Instant Video Gets HBO Shows
- 2014-04-23 Siri Might Find Its Way Into The New Apple TV
- 2014-04-22 Amazon Will Reportedly Change The Way We Interact With Smartphones
- 2014-04-17 Amazon Fire TV’s Voice Search Expands Partners Roll
- 2014-04-17 Amazon Germany Workers Go On Strike Again