It seems that just about everyone wants to get a slice of the mobile action, and Amazon is one such company with rumors flying around that they too, would want to show off to the world a smartphone that they can call their own. The thing is, this curious device could possibly see a delay before being released, as it has run into production issues according to its manufacturing partner, Foxconn. Yes, the very same folks who churns out iPhones do seem to have inked an agreement with Amazon to come up with their smartphones as well, but it seems that the second quarter of 2013 for the release date would have to be pushed back farther.
Right now, the production of Amazon’s smartphone remains under its engineering verification test (EVT) period, no thanks to problems arising that were related to its mobile platform. Foxconn’s subsidiary Ensky Tech, which is the arm responsible to roll out Amazon’s family of e-book readers and tablets, will most probably begin mass production of the smartphone after June.
Next Story: Google Now Arriving On Chrome OS And Windows
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Amazon Smartphone Spotted
- 2014-04-13: Amazon Working On Eighth Generation Of Delivery Drones
- 2014-04-13: Fire TV Sells Out Due To High Demand, Unit Sales Figures Not Disclosed
- 2014-04-10: Amazon Appstore Surpasses 200k Apps Milestone