Rovio, who you should know by now as being the developer behind Angry Birds, announced today they’ll be teaming up with DreamWorks Animation to deliver a new mobile game for iOS and Android devices for the company’s upcoming film, The Croods, on March 14.
In addition to the mobile game, an exclusive animated short clip will also be published on March 14, just a week before The Croods is released in movie theaters on March 22.
Details in regards to how The Croods’ mobile game will play are scarce at the moment, but the game’s page on Rovio’s site shares the following information:
“Meet the world’s first modern family: The Croods! These cavemen are breaking out of the Stone Age with the use of a new r-evolutionary tool: the IDEA! The Croods will Hunt & Gather their way through spectacular new landscapes as they tame fantastic and never-seen-before creatures. Help The Croods survive the wild…and each other!”
Hunting? Gathering? Ideas? As long as we’re not flinging cavemen at trees in order for their fruit to drop, then we’ll give the game a try.
Next Story: League of Legends Mac Client Now Available
- 2014-04-18: Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Madison For Android Declares War On In-App Advertisements
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2013-05-24: Verizon Cloud Offers 500MB Of Free Storage To iOS, Some Android Devices
- 2013-05-17: Temple Run Franchise Surpasses 300M Downloads; Temple Run 2 Update Incoming
- 2013-05-15: Time Warner Streaming TNT, TBS On Multiple Devices Starting This Summer
- 2013-04-26: Smart Pajamas Use Dots To Read Bedtime Stories On Your iOS, Android Devices
- 2013-02-21: Consumers Spent More On Mobile Games Than Handheld Games Last Quarter