The original Angry Birds game continues to break records as during this past Christmas break, the game was downloaded 30 million times in just one week. There’s no doubt if you have a smartphone or tablet, you probably have Angry Birds on it. But considering Angry Birds has been around since late 2009, it has never once been available for free for iOS, even though Android users have always lived in a free Angry Birds world. That changes today.
Rovio’s Angry Birds game, the one that started its claim to fame, is now completely free on both iPhone and iPod Touch (previously $.99) and its HD version on iPad (previously $2.99). This marks the first time Angry Birds has gone free and it’s expected Apple will soon be promoting the game as their ‘free app of the week’ soon.
Rovio has yet to make the official announcement at the time of this publication on any of their social networks of blog, which we’re sure it has more to do with waiting for the free version to be made available across all App Stores than to do with the company just forgetting Angry Birds was free for the first time in its history.
Next Story: Neo T001 Flatters The Galaxy S3 Mini
- 2014-03-12: Angry Birds Epic Is A Turn Based RPG
- 2014-03-07: Rovio Teases New Angry Birds Game
- 2014-02-13: Angry Birds Stella Set To Offer New Adventures
- 2014-02-12: Rovio: New Angry Birds Title “Coming Soon”
- 2014-01-29: Angry Birds Website Hacked, Known As Spying Birds Instead
- 2014-01-28: Rovio Denies Allowing NSA To Spy On Users
- 2013-11-27: Angry Birds Go! In-App Purchases Rumored To Get Very Expensive