Folks living in the Land of the Rising Sun would be pleased to hear that Apple has just launched (finally, some say!) in Japan, where it will boast of titles from major and independent publishers, where among them include a great selection of books from Kodansha, KADOKAWA, Bungeishunju, Gakken and Gentosha. The iBookstore for the Japanese clientele will feature a wide selection of emerging and established authors, and you will find the likes of Shyotaro Ikenami, Jiro Akagawa, Atsuko Asano and Ryu Murakami there as well.
If you happen to own an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, those would be ideal tools for you to browse, purchase and read books from the iBookstore. Eddy Cue, Apple’s senior vice president of Internet Software and Services, said, “We’re excited to launch the iBookstore in Japan with a wide selection of Japanese publishers and authors. We think customers are going to love how engaging and interactive the books are to read, and how beautiful they look on iPad.” [Press Release]RELATED
- Luna Delivery Service Will Deliver Packages At Night When You're Actually Home
- Uber Will Deliver Christmas Trees To Your Door For Just $135
- Mint Financial App Now Available On Windows 8.1, Windows Phone
- JXD S5800 Android Gaming Tablet/Smartphone Unveiled
- CyanogenMod 10.2 Android 4.3 Stable Builds Released
- Follow: Apple Inc, japan,