If an e-reader was always something you wanted, but ultimately decided that a tablet might be better since it can do more things, well now you might not have to choose between the two. Barnes & Noble has announced a new deal in their efforts to promote their Nook HD+ tablet. In the past the company has offered deals such as free credit of $50 to spend on Nook content, but this time round the company is stepping things up and if you were to get a Nook HD+ tablet between the 24th to 30th of March, you can expect to get yourself a free Nook Simple Touch E-Ink reader, which is priced at $79 normally.
Considering that like Amazon, Barnes & Noble probably makes most of their money through their content, rather than their devices, so we guess pushing out their devices and their ecosystem to as many people as they can will help them grab market share. While the Nook Simple Touch isn’t exactly the best e-ink reader one can buy with their money, it’s free and if you’ve ever wanted an e-reader, this doesn’t sound too bad, right?
Next Story: Triggerfish Bronze A2 Watch Survives C-4 Blast
- 2014-02-10: Barnes & Noble Fired Nook Engineering Staff [Rumor]
- 2014-01-09: Barnes & Noble Sees Dismal Nook Sales During Holiday Season
- 2013-08-20: Barnes & Noble Continue To Work On NOOK Tablets
- 2013-06-06: Barnes & Noble NOOK Snaps Unveiled
- 2013-05-19: Barnes & Noble NOOK Simple Touch Gets Updated