If you’re the sort of person who takes their gaming very seriously, then you’re probably looking for ways to gain an advantage over the competition, whether it be faster load times, higher DPI mice, better sound systems, or even a monitor with a faster response time. If a monitor is what you’re after than BenQ might have something for you in the form of the XL2720T, a monitor which was featured during the Intel Extreme Masters World Championship Season 7 event, which means that this is a monitor that you might be able to take seriously.
The XL2720T will come with specs such as a 27” display with a 120hz refresh rate, and even a 1ms response time which we guess is crucial for the hardcore gamer. This monitor is also expected to share some features with BenQ’s RL2455HM monitor, such as the Black eQualizer that adjusts brightness without overexposing white levels, Smart Scaling, along with FPS modes that allows the monitor to be optimally adjusted for games such as Counter-Strike 1.6 and Counter-Strike Source respectively. The monitor is also certified for NVIDIA 3D Vision 2 with LED backlighting, a 12 million:1 contrast ration and is available in Europe for €370. Those living stateside can expect to pick it up in the near future for around $400.
- 2014-03-17: Philips Unveils Miracast Monitor
- 2014-01-20: LG MP76 IPS Monitor Unveiled
- 2013-12-16: LG Introduces New 34-Inch IPS Monitor
- 2013-07-23: ViewSonic Debuts 10-Point Windows 8 Certified Touch TD40 Display Series
- 2013-04-18: LG Tests Out New IPS UltraWide Monitor In Men’s Room
- 2011-10-27: BenQ unveils BL2201PTE 22" monitor
- 2010-06-28: BenQ EW and VW series Vertical Alignment LED monitors
- 2010-09-22: BenQ XL2410T LED gaming monitor set to rock and roll