There have been reports by some retailers that the Blackberry Z10 is selling pretty well, and this sentiment was shared by Blackberry’s CEO, Thorsten Heins, who said that the sales of the device exceeded their expectations. Exceeded by how much, exactly? Well as far as India is concerned, Heins revealed that the Blackberry Z10 has managed to sell out in 2 days, a pretty impressive feat we have to admit. However Heins was unable to provide figures before their earnings call on the 28th of March, so we guess we will have to wait until then to see if the device selling out is merely because of low shipments or because it was truly well-received.
Speaking at the Communitech Tech Leadership Conference, Heins was quoted as saying, “We shipped into the channel product that we thought would have been good for at least five days and I got an emergency call from our manager in India, saying that they were sold out in two days…” In any case it looks like the Z10 is kicking off the way Blackberry had intended, and hopefully when the figures are released it will be in line with all the reports we’ve been hearing lately. In the meantime you can check out our review of the Blackberry Z10 if you’d like to learn more about Blackberry’s latest flagship device.
- 2014-04-16: BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales
- 2013-11-19: Porsche Design Re-Imagines The BlackBerry Z10 Costing $2,400
- 2013-07-15: BlackBerry Z10 Prices Dropping As Low As $49 Four Months After Release
- 2013-06-18: 'Critical' Security Warning Issued For BlackBerry Z10
- 2013-05-29: BlackBerry Q10 Reportedly Selling Faster Than iPhone 5, Galaxy S4 And HTC One In France
- 2013-05-14: BlackBerry Z10 With 5 Inch Display Rumored