Canon has announced a couple of cameras today – the PowerShot SX280 and the DSLR Rebel SL1 (also known as the EOS 100D in other markets). If that wasn’t enough, Canon has also taken the wraps off another DSLR camera, this one being the Rebel T5i, which is also referred to as the EOS 700D depending on which region you are in. The T5i will be the new flagship camera for Canon’s entry-level Rebel lineup of DSLRs and will sport an 18MP CMOS sensor with Canon’s DIGIC 5 processor under the hood. It will be capable of shooting ISO ranges between 100-12,800 (it can go up to 25,600 in H mode according to Canon), 5fps shooting speeds with 9 AF points.
The Rebel T5i will also feature a Live View mode as well as Full HD video capture in 1080p quality. Just like the SL1, the T5i will also come bundled with Creative Filters which allows the photographer to add filters to their photos after they have taken them. A bit of a novelty but we guess there are some who would rather do the post processing on their cameras rather than on their computers. The Rebel T5i will also come in three different packages for the photographer to choose from, with the body-only kit priced at $749.99, the version with the EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens kit at $899.99, and last but not least the $1,099.00 bundle that comes with an EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens kit.
The Canon Rebel T5i will be available in April alongside the Rebel SL1 and the PowerShot SX280. [Press release]
- 2014-04-07: Nokia Lumia Icon Goes Up Against The Canon EOS Rebel XTi
- 2014-03-11: Canon PowerShot G1 X II Might See 9th May Release Instead
- 2014-03-07: Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Recalled Due To Allergic Reaction Risk
- 2014-03-03: Canon Doesn't See Smartphones As The Enemy
- 2014-02-28: Canon EOS M2 Will Be Arriving To The US [Updated]
- 2014-02-11: Canon EOS Rebel T5 Is Cheapest DSLR From Canon Just Yet
- 2013-04-04: Canon EOS Rebel T5i Hands-On Review (EOS 700D)
- 2013-04-04: Canon EOS 6D Hands-On Review
- 2013-03-29: Alleged Canon EOS 7D MK II Test Camera Specs Revealed
- 2013-03-18: Canon Rumored To Announce Two New DSLR Cameras On The 21/22 March