The G-Shock brand from Casio is a well known one for sure, and there are new releases being rolled from time to time, and all of them share one common feature – they are highly durable, and love getting rough and dirty with you. Well, the latest GB-5600AB and GB-6900AB shock-resistant watches from Casio do have a potential ace up its sleeve, which is the ability to communicate with an iPhone. These new additions to the G-Shock range will feature Bluetooth 4.0 (Bluetooth Low Energy Wireless Technology) connectivity, hence allowing it to communicate with the iPhone.
Not only can your new timepiece be notified of incoming calls and e-mails, it will also be able to enable the iPhone alarm function from the watch button itself. Apart from that, the timepiece is also smart enough to adjust itself to the exact time, depending on the time zone that you are in simply by synchronizing itself to the time data that the iPhone sends out. Other features include a high-brightness LED backlight, a vaunted two-year battery life and a special “G” logo which lets you know at a glance that it has Bluetooth 4.0 technology built-in. No idea on pricing though.
- 2013-11-14: Casio Exilim EX-10 Announced
- 2013-09-02: Casio Claims They Are Prepared For Smartwatches From The Competition
- 2013-08-08: New Casio G-Shock Watches Come With Bluetooth And Other Features
- 2013-06-25: Verizon Casio G'zOne Commando 4G LTE
- 2013-06-11: Alleged Casio Commando 4G LTE Leaked
- 2012-12-05: G-Shock Plays Nice With iPhone
- 2012-08-14: Casio has new 30th anniversary G-Shock Red Line models
- 2011-12-30: Casio G-SHOCK GB-6900 arriving in March 2012 (updated)
- 2011-03-29: Casio launches two new eco-friendly G-Shock watches