The latest rumor for the cheaper iPhone, which itself has been a rumor for several months now, shines a light on the possibility of the device featuring a 4-inch display as well as a plastic case that’s available in an assortment of colors.
According to KGI Securities’ Ming-Chi Kuo, Apple is expected to deliver a cheaper iPhone with the same screen size as the current iPhone 5, which is a 4-inch display. In addition to that, the iPhone’s case will be a “super-thin plastic casing mixed with glass fiber.” How super thin? Kuo believes it’ll measure between 0.4 and 0.6 millimeters.
Kuo also believes multiple colors will be available for the cheap iPhone with Apple expected to offer anywhere between four and six color options, which of course includes the iPhone’s current white and black colors. Considering how long Apple has been offering multiple colors for its iPod brand of devices, we’re not sure why the company has yet to offer something for its iPhone brand.
- 2014-04-13: Apple Might Consider NFC For Next Generation iPhone
- 2014-04-11: Leaked iPhone Cases Reveal New Button Cut Outs
- 2014-04-10: Analyst: iPhone 6 Sleep/Wake Button Could Be Relocated
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Recent Broadcom Hires Corroborates In-House Baseband Rumors
- 2014-04-09: 4.7-inch And 5.5-inch iPhone Models Could Feature Different Resolutions [Rumor]